Guppy Show and Auction
Guppy Associates International Chicago
Guppy Show and Auction April 14th & 15th, 2018
Hampton Inn & Suites
1685 W. Lake Street
Addison, IL 60101
(630) 495-9511 front desk
(630) 620-9811 fax
The Hampton Inn is located at the corner of Route 53 and Route 20 (Lake Street) in Addison, IL. For drivers, the hotel is located EAST of I-355 (exit at Lake Street, Route 20) at the corner of Route 53 and Route 20. Enter on Lake Street.
Please make your room reservations directly through the hotel.
Friday, April 13th, 2018
5:00 PM to ??? Setup
Saturday, April 14th, 2018
8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Registration
3:30 PM Judging
7:00 PM Hospitality/Fish Room Tour
Sunday, April 15th, 2018
9:00 AM to 10:00 AM Public Viewing
10:00 AM Fish Auction
12:00 PM De-benching **
** No one may remove fish early without the consent of the Show Chairmen. All entries removed from the bench must be checked out and validated by a member of GAIC.
Bob Crouse, (847) 222-9781, email@example.com
Ron Fehribach, (812) 683-3630, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ship All Entries To:
304 Circle Ave. Lombard, IL 60148
(630) 308-6050 cell (Pat)
(630) 800-0419 cell (Tom)
All shipped-in-entries must be received by 4:00 p.m. Friday, April 13th 2018, and include completed entry forms with exhibitor’s phone number. No exceptions!
All entry fees must also be prepaid. Use the carrier’s ‘no signature required’ option when available on your shipment form. Sufficient return shipping fare, bags and return labels must be included, if fish are to be returned. All fish arriving DOA or dying during the show will not be returned due to possible contamination issues. Return bags of minimum size 3” x 10” are required per IFGA rules. Breather Bags may be used to ship fish as long as new, unused Breather Bags are included for the return shipment. Fish with insufficient/no return fare will be placed in the GAIC Sunday auction. No C.O.D. shipments will be accepted. Prior notification of your shipment would be appreciated.
Do not ship your fish to the hotel as there is no facility to receive shipments.
Exhibitor will determine the class of entry. Assistance will be available at the show prior to registration.
- All entries improperly classified will be disqualified from competition.
- No plants, decorations or gravel will be allowed with the fish. Females may be added to male entries but will not be judged.
- GAIC and the IFGA assume no responsibility for any loss of fish.
- All entries must be born and raised in the exhibitor’s tanks.
- Fish will be judged against a uniform black background with overhead fluorescent lighting.
- Judging will be according to IFGA standards and all decisions of the judges will be final.
- All entry fees must be paid at time of registration. Shipped-in entries which are to be returned must include return postage fees, new (unused) bags and a mailing label. If using USPS as your carrier and to avoid return shipping problems with the postal service, kindly pack fish in an unmarked carton.
- All tanks for display fish will be supplied by GAIC.
- Sale of fish at the show, other than through the official auction, is strictly prohibited and will result in forfeiture of points received at the show.
- All DOA or DOB fish will not be returned. Returning dead fish can contaminate the live fish in the shipping container.
- Bags (minimum size: 3” x 10”) for returning shipped-ins must be included in the shipment. Breather Bags may be used.
- The auction will be a standard verbal auction. Entries to be auctioned must be clearly noted on the entry form. All single male entries being auctioned must have a corresponding female or the entry will become the property of GAIC and the breeder will not receive any auction money for the entry. If you wish to auction additional trios, you must get advanced permission from the show chair and your bags must be clearly marked with the breeder’s name and the color strain being auctioned. GAIC will retain 50% from the sale of all auctioned fish. Any fish not receiving an opening bid will be retained by GAIC. Prior to the auction, all buyers must obtain a Buyer’s Number from the auction coordinator.
No one, other than those individuals appointed by the show chairman, may move or rearrange tanks already positioned on the show bench prior to judging. Any tanks being benched should be placed in the next available position within the class.
Single Males & Females, Tanks, Breeders
1st place – Award plaque/plate & Award Card
Subsequent 1st place entries will receive only a class plate
2nd through 4th place – Award Card
Best of Show
1st BOS, IFGA Awards, 2nd thru 4th BOS, Award Cards
Single Male or Female $2.00
Two Matched Males $3.00
Breeder Male or Breeder Female $4.00
Junior Entries free
All single male and single female entries will be displayed in plastic tanks. A female may be added to the male entry but will not be judged.
Tanks (two matched male) entries will be displayed in a 1 gallon plastic tank. One female may be added but will not be judged.
Breeder entries consist of 5 matched males or 3 matched females and will be displayed in a 2 ½ gallon plastic tank. Two females may be added to a Breeder Male entry but they will not be judged.
The Junior class is open to anyone 16 years of age or younger who has raised his/her own fish. All Junior entries will not be charged an entry fee.
The Novice class is open to anyone who has never won a 1st or 2nd place IFGA Annual Award.
Additional information on transportation/hotel reservations
The Hampton Inn does not have limo service from either airport. If you are flying in for the show and need transportation to the show site, you need to contact Tom/Pat Allen to get information about transportation available from either O’Hare or Midway airports.
Hotel reservations must be made by Thursday, March 29th 2018, to ensure room availability. Due to other hotel functions, there are only a very limited number of rooms reserved for GAIC. If there are any rooms in the GAIC block that have not been claimed by March 29th 2018, they will be made available to other hotel customers. Should you try to get a reservation after our block of rooms has been sold out, you will be directed to another nearby hotel. Mention that you are associated with Guppy Associates International Chicago to make certain you get the reduced club hotel rate. Rooms are $104.00 per night and there are suites available for slightly more. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast for all registered guests.
The Chicago suburban area offers other local attractions (museums, casinos, etc.) and information will be available at the show for those wanting it.
There are three probationary classes for the 2018 show season: H/B White Delta, H/B White Tank and All Color Widetail.